SYSTEM TO CONTROL EMERGENCY “COOLANT LEAK FROM A PRIMARY CIRCUIT TO A SECONDARY ONE WITH THE EQUIVALENT SECTION Dy 100”
The SUA TPKV system to control emergency “Coolant leak from a primary circuit to a secondary one with the equivalent section Dy 100” is intended to diagnose leaks from a primary circuit to a secondary one of NPP unit, identify emergency steam generators, and automate their localization algorithm.
Functions of SUA TPKV:
- measuring direct steam radioactivity in steam generators;
- receiving and primarily processing analog and discrete signals from adjacent systems (normal operation systems, safety control systems, reactor trip systems, MCR);
- carrying out calculation and logical operations in accordance with an emergency control algorithm approved by the regulator in the nuclear power engineering;
- forming and delivering SNE, USB actuator control commands (signals of switching on, prohibition of switching on);
- signaling on system operation in control rooms;
- transmitting data on technological parameter values, equipment state, and self-diagnostics results into IVS.
Composition of SUA TPKV:
- four data acquiring and processing devices based on industrial controllers of MSKU series;
- LAN switchboards, an engineering-diagnostic station, and a remote diagnostic station based on PS5140 workstations.
- decrease of quantity of manual operations fulfilled by operating personnel and minimization of possible personnel’s wrong actions in case of emergency;
- reliable isolation of a damaged steam generator;
- elimination of possibility of steam-release devices operation of a faulty steam generator on steam-water mixture and water, avoidance of release of primary circuit radioactive coolant to the environment;
- reliability of measurement results due to use of three detection units for each steam generator;
- possibility of autonomous check of functioning by means of signal simulation on inputs of accident control algorithms with displaying a checking process on a block diagram of a checked algorithm;
- possibility of integration of SUA TPKV and USBT.
Safety class – 3.
Safety category – В.
- Zaporizhzhya NPP, units 1, 2
- Khmelnitsky NPP, unit 2
- Rivne NPP, unit 4